Keller Inc. is a Design/Build General Contractor with locations in Kaukauna, Wausau, Germantown and Sun Prairie, WI. Keller is looking to hire an Assistant Project Manager to work out of our Kaukauna, WI location. This position includes full time employment, complete with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package in our employee owned Company! The compensation package includes: competitive salary, vacation and holiday pay, 401(k) match, annual stock allocation (ESOP), and an annual employee ownership bonus!!
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting Project Managers in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the PM, the Assistant Project Manager is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he/she can about construction.
- Create potential client list and seek new work by researching potential clients and industries
- Evaluate subcontractors for work to be performed, including seeking out new subcontractors to partner with in new and existing territories
- Work with PM’s to develop a proposal for client and scope of work for subcontracting trades
- Review preliminary requests for proposals
- Write proposals for smaller projects
- Assist with writing and processing change orders
- Manage project documents internally and also through SharePoint for external access by subs
- Attend or conduct site visit walkthroughs with client and subcontractors
- Coordinate distribution of plans, instructions to bidder’s guidelines, and other documents to subcontractors for pricing and follow up with proposal clarification requests
- Attend internal job flow, check set, pre-construction, and punch list meetings when appropriate
- Research building permit fees with municipalities for internal estimating department
- Coordinate building, gas, electrical and phone permit applications and coordinate plan review with inspector
- General administration of current projects between departments
- Must know how to read blueprints
- Other duties as assigned
- Accountability– Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication– Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented– Ability to ensure that they and others stay focused on the task objectives and performs in accordance with clear expectations and goals.
- Interpersonal– Ability to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- Organized– Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills.
- Self Motivated– ability to reach a goal or perform a task with little supervision or direction.
Education & Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Construction Management or a Business related degree, Preferred
- Experience: Minimum of two years experience in the construction industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Keller, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer