The Safety Manager is responsible for proactively planning, implementing and managing Keller’s safety program with construction projects and company operations to ensure a safe, healthy and accident free work environment for the protection of our employees, clients, subcontractors & the general public.
This position reports directly to the Senior V.P. of Construction and maintains proactive, frequent and open communication.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, safe equipment operating techniques and fire prevention for job sites and office. Trainings include: new hire safety orientation for all new employees, CDL certification program, DOT compliance, forklift and other equipment testing, first aid, CPR & trench safety to name a few. Must maintain accurate training records in employee files.
- Provide training and education to all levels of staff, as required by Federal and State safety regulations
Compliance & Procedures:
- Plan and implement risk management, safety policies and procedures in compliance with all federal, state, county and local rules and regulations, including MSDS requirements, for both field and office operations, to maximize a safe working environment
- Act as corporate contact for any federal, state or municipal safety or risk management authority and/or personnel, including , but not limited to OSHA and DOSH
- Manage Hazardous materials control program. Work with 3rd party services to review samples and test for hazardous materials prior to the start of demolition on all projects. Secure good faith reports prior to the start of work
- Ensure the completion and submission of subcontractor’s safety plans for each project before the subcontractor is allowed to work on the jobsite
- Lead our policy and procedure development and determination of department goals and objectives; willingly and aggressively strive to further site safety
- Monitor/ maintain a tracking system with all inspections on equipment that records when inspections need to be completed
- Create jobsite safety plans before a job starts
- Conduct jobsite walkthroughs, report on jobsite inspections and coordinate with site supervisor to effectively carry out the site specific safety plan
- Maintain a positive work relationship with clients, subcontractors, coworkers & management
- Investigate incidents, prepare reports, facilitate early return to full duty work responsibilities for injured workers and provide meaningful light duty transitional work opportunities
- Identify potential causes for incidents and recommend:
- Changes in policies and procedures to prevent accidents
- Disciplinary action for Keller employees and/ or subcontractors
- Manage and plan the annual safety meeting
- Create annual budget for all safety expenses
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Strongly Preferred
- Associates degree in Safety Management, Required
- 3 or more years of experience as a Safety Manager or Director, Preferred
- Familiarity with writing health and safety policies and procedures
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA standards
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
Keller, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.