Keller Inc. is a 100% Employee Owned Design/Build General Contractor with locations in Kaukauna, Wausau, Germantown and Sun Prairie, WI. We are looking to hire an Assistant Project Manager to join our Germantown team. This individual will assist the Sales/Project Managers with executing project requirements and the overall sales process. This position involves a variety of tasks to assist the team in the performance of their duties and coordination with clients, field personnel and subcontractors.
- Create potential client list and seek new work by researching potential clients and industries
- Evaluate subcontractors for work to be performed, including seeking out new subcontractors to partner with in new and existing territories
- Work with PM’s to develop a proposal for client and scope of work for subcontracting trades
- Review preliminary requests for proposals
- Write proposals for smaller projects
- Assist with writing and processing change orders
- Manage project documents internally and also through SharePoint for external access by subs
- Attend or conduct site visit walkthroughs with client and subcontractors
- Coordinate distribution of plans, instructions to bidder’s guidelines, and other documents to subcontractors for pricing and follow up with proposal clarification requests
- Attend internal job flow, check set, pre-construction, and punch list meetings when appropriate
- Research building permit fees with municipalities for internal estimating department
- Coordinate building, gas, electrical and phone permit applications and coordinate plan review with inspector
- General administration of current projects between departments
- Must be able read blueprints
- Other duties as assigned
- Accountability- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented- Ability to ensure that they and others stay focused on the task objectives and performs in accordance with clear expectations and goals.
- Interpersonal- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- Organized- Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills.
- Self Motivated- ability to reach a goal or perform a task with little supervision or direction.
Skills & Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Construction Management or related field , Required
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 year experience in the construction industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Keller, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.