We firmly believe that our people, culture, ownership & processes are what sets us apart from other design/build general contractors. We’re 100% employee-owned, and this doesn’t just mean our employees own stock – it means we put our best effort into everything we do. Our people are humble, intelligent, and hard working. You can feel the energy and the passion when talking to our employee-owners – it’s what makes our culture unique. We design and build amazing buildings that we’re proud of. And we want you to join us to be part of something great!
Before we get into the x’s and o’s, do you have a great attitude, high energy and will you put forth your best effort every day? We believe that the path to success starts with these qualities and utilizing them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Our employee-owners are dependable, hold each other accountable and take pride in our work.
We are looking for a results-driven, dedicated, and organized Assistant Project Manager to join our team in Germantown, WI. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess strong communication skills, and bring a positive attitude to work each day. The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting Project Managers in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the PM, the Assistant Project Manager is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he/she can about construction.
- Evaluate subcontractors for work to be performed, including seeking out new subcontractors to partner with in new and existing territories
- Work with PMs to develop a proposal for client and scope of work for subcontracting trades
- Review preliminary requests for proposals and write proposals for smaller projects
- Assist with writing and processing change orders
- Manage project documents internally and through SharePoint for external access by subs
- Attend or conduct site visit walkthroughs with client and subcontractors
- Coordinate distribution of plans, instructions to bidder’s guidelines, and other documents to subcontractors for pricing and follow up with proposal clarification requests
- Attend internal job flow, check set, pre-construction, and punch list meetings when appropriate
- Research building permit fees with municipalities for internal estimating department
- Coordinate building, gas, electrical and phone permit applications, and coordinate plan review with inspector
- General administration of current projects between departments
- Develop and research potential clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Accountability– Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication– Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented– Ability to ensure that they and others stay focused on the task objectives and perform in accordance with clear expectations and goals.
- Interpersonal– Ability to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- Organized– Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills.
- Self-Motivated– ability to reach a goal or perform a task with little supervision or direction.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Education: bachelor’s or associate degree in construction management or related field, Preferred
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Experience and knowledge with using Procore
- Must know how to read blueprints
- Strong problem-solving skills and good attention to detail
- Must have a valid driver’s license
What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and annual incentive bonus, a great benefits package, and don’t forget about the ESOP! Being 100% employee-owned, the ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) is an added retirement benefit that is completely company funded. You become an Owner without all the headaches…. and at no cost to you. You will instantly have a team of 250+ co-owners that want you to succeed and will help you along the way. If you succeed, we ALL succeed!
Experience the difference in the Keller Culture and join our team of Owners today. It’s your future – OWN IT!
Keller, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer